Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's OCTOBER!

My, my, my. Where has time gone? I can't believe it's been two months since my last post. Well, now that October is finally here I should have a lot to talk about. This is my favorite month, where it's appropriate (and even cool!) to bring ghouls, ghosts, and goblins into every day conversation. It's the time when the air feels a little crisper (except for this year -- ugh to all you SoCal folks out there), the moon seems a bit larger, and a pot of warm cider on the stove makes for a lovely nighttime treat.

I typically do a Google search for ghost stories as soon as Hallowe'en season begins so I'm making a note to self: Google it in the morning. But until I find some good stories to share with you, I want to write about:


I understand that Delusion began last year, billing itself as an interactive play. I hadn't heard of it until this year (now called Delusion: The Blood Rite). Created by Hollywood stuntman Jon Braver and produced by Neil Patrick Harris (does anybody not like that guy?!), the action takes place in a mansion in the West Adams area of Los Angeles. YOU are part of the plot and YOU must participate in order to move the storyline along. It's been said that no two people will ever have the same experience. Intrigued? I am.

You will be one in a group of twelve and you will be told the rules of the play (you can't touch the actors... but they can touch you!). You are a group of war vets, entering into an old medical ward that has been abandoned by the doctor and his staff, but the patients (who have gone mad) are still in residence. Oh, did I mention that the patients also have supernatural powers? Before you can enter, you must go into the cemetery to find a certain article and bring it back to the house. Once inside, mayhem breaks loose as you realize the patients have escaped. YOU may be kidnapped or you may have to be one of the rescuers. Either way, you're screwed.

Billed as one of the best (read: scariest) attractions e-v-e-r, Delusion promises to be clever, unique and to bring outrageous scares done by professional stunt people. You know those horror movie scenes where people scamper on the walls and ceiling? Yeah. Like that.

This girl knows her limits so I'm not convinced that I will venture into this Hell house. Nonetheless, because of its overwhelmingly positive reviews -- all promising that this attraction will scare you like nothing before -- I have to give Delusion: The Blood Rite and its creators four jumpers! Facebook me if you want to go, then do your best to convince me to join you.

Happy Hallowe'en!
L


No comments:

Post a Comment